Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Blanket

Its been a while since I have been on and come to the conclusion I am a horrible blogger. I have to share this though. About 2 months ago my husband comes to me and ask me for one of my dads Hazmat shirts from Houston Fire Dept. I'm sure I gave him a strange look because he went on to explain that he wants to have a blanket made for Colton. Apparently the wife of a guy he works with can make blankets with t-shirts. I had never heard of this at the time but we gathered shirts together. For those of you that don't know my husband he is an over achiever and works at 4 different fire stations being Houston (74's), Aldine, Katy and Magnolia. My father is also a fire fighter and he works at Houston (Hazmat) and Katy. We got 4 shirts together and 3 station patches and gave them to her. In 2 months I have completely forgotten about this blanket that was being made until Joey sent me pictures. It was very hard to keep my composure (I'm sure the hormones helped) because I could not have asked for anything more sentimental than this blanket. This is something that Colton can keep for the rest of his life and always remember his father and grandpa. That being said, look at the amazing job......



This may not be a interesting to anyone else but being raised in the fire dept, having a fire fighter father and now a fire fighter husband this is just a tear jerker! (Ok I know my hormones are crazy too!) Thanks for letting me share this with all of you!

1 comment: